AG CRANES Ltd Payment and Warranty Terms and conditions, as per all quotations. By placing an order with us you are agreeing to the terms below.
1. Terms of Payment for cranes, or steel or if non refundable parts are ordered.
non refundable deposit with your purchase order, unless otherwise agreed.
30% non refundable staged payment prior to delivery.
Balance on completion. Test cert will be issued upon cleared funds (if we have installed or tested the crane or equipment).
Clients can collect from us upon cleared funds.
We do not run credit account as we don't have the time to chase late payments....
1.A. Late payments will be subject to a 2.5% accumulative interest charge.
1.B. After delivery please don't propose different payment terms.
2. Warranty. Please read carefully.
As per your quotation: for warranty we include parts only, not labour. Subject to the equipment being suitably maintained by our qualified engineers and staged and final payments being made on time.
In the unlikely event of a warranty claim please, in the first instance call our office. We will start the repairs process, please do not hold any outstanding monies back however and expect a free repair. If it is a warranty we will fix it free of charge, if your account is fully paid.
1. If the final payment or a staged payment is not made on time (within five days of the invoice date) we reserve the right to shorten the warranty by two months for every month or part month that the payment is late. As an example if the payment is 6 weeks late (1 month and 1 part month) your warranty period will be shortened by four months.
2. If you have a breakdown on your crane and have NOT paid the balance of an invoice; please do not be surprised if we do not rush out to repair the crane/hoist. Alternatively we will charge for the repair.
3. DO NOT mend, repair or modify the equipment yourself and send us an invoice afterwards. Yes this has happened before!!
4. Also please DO NOT ask another company to carry out repairs for you without asking us to first repair it.
5. You will be asked nicely for any late payment, you will then be emailed requesting payment before your warranty is canceled. All that we ask is that if you have payment problems you order the goods from someone else......
5. Warranty period starts from date of delivery or installation, if we are installing.
6. For crane warranties client needs to provide an access platform.
2B. When a job is finished.
If the installation of a crane, hoist or a jib, cannot be completed for reasons beyond our control. IE floor depth, lack of an electricity supply, or if for any reason you to ask us to stop partway though, or return at a later date we will deem the job to be finished. The final invoice will be issued, and a quotation will be emailed to complete the contract at a later date to be mutually agreed.
3. Please note the following:
prices quoted exclude VAT which will be charged at the normal rate.
The price quoted is based on present day costs and will be held firm for 30 days from date of quotation.
Retention of title: All goods remain the property of AG CRANES Ltd until paid for in full, even if you sell on the equipment to a third party.
help keep our prices keen and your warranty intact, we ask that you settle
the final invoice as soon as the job is finished. The test cert will then
If you intend to finance the job, please advise us at the start and NOT upon completion, this will enable us to start the job rather than wait for your deposit.
We are NOT liable for any consequential loss, or loss of production, later deliveries or downtime, ever, never ever.
Accidents, operator abuse or malfunction of a crane hoist or swing jib: Outside of warranty.
In the unlikely event of a problem arising when your crane, hoist or pillar jib crane has run out of warranty, and has since been serviced or had a Report of Thorough Examination (RoTE) by another company, or has been abused by its operator; please contact the last person to service or inspect the equipment, as well as seeking operator training which we are happy to provide.
4. Delivery times and dates.
We cannot be held responsible for carriers, couriers, third party suppliers or haulage companies delays. Damages or costs as a result will not be entertained.
Delivery times quoted are from receipt of deposit, signed drawing, or amended drawing, not from order date.
Also if you are free issuing parts, quoted delivery times are from the parts arrival.
If installation times run over or problems arise while on site we will not be able to pay liquidating damages or compensation as a result. Please talk to us we are reasonable people and we will come to an agreement.
4A. Waiting time on site; is charged at £59.00 per hour, per man, this also includes sub contractors and crane or Hiab drivers etc.
4B. Cancelled orders.
Will incur a handling charge of up to 40% depending on how much work we have done or non refundable parts we have ordered.
5. AG CRANES Ltd Installation, Testing & Commissioning Terms (unless otherwise agreed.)
offer includes the following:
The provision of suitably skilled site engineers, and qualified experienced personnel to carry out the quoted work. Materials, mileage and site allowance to carry out the agreed contract.
Scope of supply for complete installation based on one continuous site visit, without interruption or delays by others. Delays and interruptions caused by factors beyond our control will be charged to you at AG CRANES Ltd relevant current labour costs and access hire rates substantiated by signed time sheets.
Please note the power supply needs to be ready when we arrive on site, from day one of the installation.
Price for installation is based on:
• One free site survey; Second or third surveys are chargeable if we are unable to measure up while on site.
• Free and clear route to site for lorries and lifting equipment.
• Blocking off of the working area according to health and safety regulations.
• Free and clear access to site at all times & uninterrupted working during normal day time working hours.
• A clear even working surface suitable for tower platforms allowing access to all installation points.
• Doors and gates must be of suitable width to gain clear access with our equipment.
• Normal working conditions at the building site.
• Work to be carried out during normal workday hours.
5A. Please do not ask for money off if the installation finishes earlier than quoted; in return we will not charge anymore if it takes longer.
6. The Clients responsibility will ALWAYS be the following; unless otherwise agreed:
• Any free issue equipment, whether it be a hoist or crane support rails: All support rails must be in-line laterally, horizontally, and vertically. In addition, inclination of opposite rails and deviation of the rail head from the horizontal must be correct and within tolerances. Joints must be within plus or minus 0.5mm. Most importantly the span must be in accordance with British Standards or DIN. Failure to comply can invalidate a cranes warranty, and will delay installation, and result in extra site charges to cover delays.
• If you are free issuing the down shop gantry tracks they must include the top rail for the crane wheels to run on. This is usually a square bar, of either 50x50mm, 40x40mm or more recently 30x 50mm rail. We will not specify the requirements for free issue rails and gantry. Your steelwork provider will do this for you. On average 3 or 4 times a year clients say they are ready and have to have their crane delivered and have forgotten to put the rails on top of the universal beams. Worse still we arrive on site and the rails are on, but are not to British Standard tolerance.
• See picture below left, for the missing trail and on the right; done correctly. For piece of mind we will happily quote to supply and install crane rails correctly and to the correct span width tolerance.
|Below: is some gantry steel minus the square bar.||Below: is correct gantry tracks and top rail|
• The thickness and suitability of the floor, walls or buildings we may attach to. ALWAYS. For example a Hilti M24 bolts needs, by law, to be embedded 210mm into the floor. We are good, but we CANNOT survey your floor over the telephone or guarantee what is under it. For example gas pipes.
7. Quotations are valid for 30 days.
Please note if we supply a used crane or hoist it is serviced and run tested NOT refurbished.
By entering into a contract with AG Cranes Ltd you agree to all of the above. Any problems please ask.